aving time to find and create a tasty meals that are both nutritious and affordable can be a challenge when so much of your time is spent on entrepreneurial endeavors. However, not paying attention to what you eat can have a negative effect on your body and performance. Here's a meal packed with essentials to your nutrition with the added bonus of being delicious.
Health Components Of Meal
- 6oz portions of Salmon 1 inch thick
- Cajun Seasoning:
1 Tbs Paprika
1 Tbs Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tsp Oregano
- Olive Oil (Frying Pan)
- Avocado Spray (Air Fryer)
- Cleaning: Vinegar or Lemon
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 Diced Small Red or Yellow Onion
- 2 Diced Roma Tomatoes
- 1 lime
- Optional: Diced 1/4 Green/Red Peppers,
- Optional: 1 Diced Garlic Clove
Pico De Gallo
- 3 Medium Sized Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Medium Diced Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
Shirataki (Konjac) Rice/Noodles
- A pack of Konjac Rice
I personally make this seasoning in bulk so I do not have to make a new batch every time I need it. You can store it in a seasoning container that is empty or buy one (i.e. a salt shaker). For the first time, make one portion and see how many times that portion can fit into your container. Now you have a multiplier that you can use when it is time to make a new batch. (i.e. my container fits the following instructions times 5, so instead of 1 Tbs, I know to use 5 Tbs etc.)
- Combine the proportionate listed ingredients from above
- If your salmon still contains any, remove the pin bones. This can be done with cooking tweezers. If you do not have any, use your fingers. (I actually still dont have any so this is the worst part for me!)
- Next remove the skin. Some people like the skin on, some don't. This step is up to your personal preference.
- Clean your fish by passing lemon juice or or vinegar over it. Rub in slightly then, rinse with water.
- Pat dry. You can use a paper towel for this step.
- STOVE TOP: drizzle olive oil on both sides of your fish.
AIR FRYER: spray both sides with avocado or grape-seed cooking spray. (Olive oil and olive oil spray produces too much smoke for air fryers)
- Completely cover front and back of fish with seasoning.
- Sieve out water
- rinse under cold water in sieve for two minutes
Pico De Gallo
- Combine all ingredients listed above
- Drizzle with lime juice
- Add a pinch of salt, lemon pepper, and sage
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving
Stove Top Pan
- Pour enough oil so it is not popping in a cast iron or heavy bottom pan on high heat.
- When oil begins to produce a heavy amount of smoke turn of the stove and place the portions of salmon flesh-side down (Not the side where skin was)
- Turn heat to medium
- Leave Salmon faced down for about 2 minutes
- Flip salmon portions and let cook for an additional 3 minutes
- Let rest and drizzle a little lemon juice on top
- Preheat air fryer to 400º F
- Place the salmon in the air fryer flesh side up for 5 minutes
- Flip salmon and place back for an additional 4 minutes
Air Fryer with Broiler Function
- Preheat on air fry function to 400º F
- Place the salmon in the air fryer flesh side up for 3 minutes
- Flip salmon to skin side and place back for an additional 3 minutes
- Switch air fryer to "broil" and set temperature to "high"
- Flip salmon back to flesh side up for an additional 3 minutes
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Place rice in saucepan and cook for about 2 minutes
- Drain rice.
- Switch the rice to a fry pan and heat on low for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired firmness is reached.
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop into a mixing bowl
- Mash the avocado with a fork and make it as chunky or smooth as you'd like.
- Add and mix in:
2 Diced Roma Tomato
1/2 Diced Onion
3 Tbs Finely Diced Cilantro
Optional: 1 Diced Garlic Clove
Optional: 1/4 Diced Green Pepper
Optional: 1/4 Diced Red Pepper
- Add a pinch of salt
- Drizzle with lime juice
I know it seems like a lot reading it, but the 2nd time you prepare this dish it will be much faster!